Friday, March 20, 2009

Floral Design

By Erin Ferucci
Celebrity Lifestyle Designer

Christian Tortu, one of my early favorite floral designers was an absolute innovator. He basically started the whole fruit mixed with flowers movement. In 1991, I was living in Paris, as often as I could I would check out the windows of a shop owned and named "Christian Tortu" (His home fragrances are the best in the world!!!- really) Most girls were checking out the collection in the windows of Balman, Dior, and Lacroix...while I was over at Tortu!! on the left bank. I am sure this too happened to Jeff Leatham, who was visiting Paris in 1995, That was when his whole world changed, literally. The Four Seasons in Beverly Hills gave Jeff his first break. After four years The Four Seasons Hotel in Paris called. George V, came calling.Jeff moved to Paris, and the rest is History.
Jeff now has seven assistants and receives over 150,000 flowers a week, creating one hundred compositions daily. Now you see, the first thing I do when I land in Paris is get a chocolate croissant and walk the Hotel George V and admire the flowers. ahhhh Paris......
Photographs by Gilles Trillard

No comments: