Monday, November 17, 2008

Market Gourmet

By Erin Ferucci
Celebrity Lifestyle Designer


Okay I admit it; I’m passionate about food -which is why I love to shop at Market Gourmet. Lauren Hunter is the owner. She is wonderful, helpful and willing to walk you through the entire store and share suggestions about the international fare they regularly showcase.
Sometimes I stop in for lunch or just to pick up some goodies for dinner parties...like cheese plates with French olives and cornichons...
or
Handmade porcini ravioli's from Italy. It cooks in minutes! It’s great with a butter and sage sauce… or how about the lobster ravioli with a light cream and saffron sauce...add a salad and voila!
Spreadable Parmesan cheese? who's ever heard of this before? those Italians!
French pates, California goat cheese, pink sea salt from the Himalayas...yum!
And my favorite olive oil from Sicily called "Frantoia" made in an antiqued oil pressing tradition. It has kind of a nutty flavor which I prefer...
The Irish make the best better you will ever taste...I have yet to try the British one though...
Looking for something special for the Holidays? The Market Gourmet at 1800 Abbott Kinney Blvd. in Venice is certain to have it. Drop in or give them a call at 310.305.9800

No comments: