Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ina Garten

By Erin Ferucci
Celebrity Lifestyle Designer


I have been a big fan of Ina Garten for many years...dating back to her gourmet food shop in the Hampton's called "Barefoot Contessa".

I love watching her show on the food network, and am an admirer of her simple and effortless cuisine. Her recipes are bulletproof.

House Beautiful has a feature article on Ina in their November 2008 issue. She built a "barn like" extension to her already existing property in Sag Harbour, Long Island.
I love it! Who wouldn’t want an open kitchen into the dining area where all your friends can watch you cook?and- the counters are 18" feet long.!!
I love the idea of picking flowers from your garden and herbs for your meals and bringing them inside within minutes.It must be the "country" in me.
I love the open shelves everywhere in the kitchen and the pantry. No leaky zip-lock bags hiding your leaky flour sacks here! And that pantry-so open and so clean, no surprises anywhere. I love that. Notice how perfectly stocked it is…no old pans with rust stains on them. This is truly gracious living.

No comments: