Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stalked by a Design Theme

Did you ever feel as though a theme were stalking you? I had an amazing field trip the other day where I really felt that I began to appreciate marble in a deeper more meaningful way. While I was enjoying this new appreciation of marble I came across this amazing rose marble tile.



This particular tile is produced by a company called Hagan Flynn, Inc. The Tile technique is titled “Cameo” it is a “modular system of coverings executed in two-colored marbles, with a strong decorative character.”

The tiles, which are designed by Raffaello Galiotto, are currently available in four different styles
Rose (shown), Serpentina, Rete and Alkazar.


The tiles are really heavy and would require a professional plan to mount them in the fashion shown in the pictures.


I found myself being really attracted to the rose tiles. I have to be honest that my attraction to them was a little off beat from my usual Island living flair. There was something about them that reminded me of those women in New York City in the Seventies with Bakelite bracelets. But I couldn’t stop thinking about the rose tile.

Later in the day, still shopping, in another part of the city I came across this rug with the exact same design element.

And it occurred to me that I am being stalked by this rose theme. I will let you know where it leads!

No comments: